Corrosion and biofilm growth occur in low-temperature systems due to the presence of oxygen. This can block the pipes and lead to the need for premature maintenance. Up to 30% more maintenance than normal can be required. As a result of these blockages:
- Systems take longer to heat up (due to reduced thermal transfer) and consume more.
- Cold zones develop (which means a reduction in comfort). If there are blockages in the pipes, some of them cannot be heated.
- Systems can even fail completely.
Until recently, the only available treatment was flushing, which was only a temporary solution. But prevention is always preferable, cheaper and more sustainable than a cure.
What are the best options for low-temperature systems? More specifically for small systems (in houses or other buildings)? And are they compatible with heat pumps?
Low-temperature systems & bubble size
The maximum water temperature in low-temperature systems is 65°. As a result of these low temperatures, any air present is compressed into microbubbles. These bubbles become trapped in the water, along with dissolved gas. It’s particularly difficult for them to escape from cooling systems.
This is a common problem with underfloor heating because the tubes are thin. “Active degassing” is vital to keep systems working. What are the solutions?
⚠️ Conventional air separators aren’t effective at low temperatures.
Several products are available for use in large buildings such as commercial premises, but they all use pumps and are therefore loud. Although effective, vacuum degassers are generally too large and expensive for small systems. They also make a lot of noise.
But there is an alternative solution. Introducing VacuStream – the vacuum degasser engineered for small, low-temperature systems!
Degasser water treatment: 5 reasons why VacuStream is the optimum choice
#1 A compact & quiet vacuum degasser
- the VacuStream is small (approx. 45 x 15 cm) and suitable for systems with a capacity of up to 500 litres
- this compact vacuum degasser protects sealed water systems from corrosion, dirt and failure
- it’s also almost silent
#2 Adapted to small systems
- it uses innovative degassing technology
- thanks to its size and degassing power, the VacuStream is ideal for small, low-temperature systems in homes and small commercial establishments up to 500 litre
- it can be used with either heat pumps or cooling solutions due to its focused temperature range (-5 ºC to +65 ºC)
#3 Cost savings & environmental impact
- Enhanced Efficiency: The VacuStream optimises heat transfer, which in turn reduces energy wastage. With possible energy savings up to 15%.
- Minimised Maintenance: It prevents corrosion, biofilm and sediment build-up, reducing the need for maintenance and minimising downtime and disruption.
- Thanks to its low energy consumption, the VacuStream helps to achieve a reduced carbon footprint that meets sustainability goals.
#4 Reliability & longevity
- All the features of this vacuum degasser combine to ensure reliable operation, reducing the risk of unexpected breakdowns and the associated costs.
- Longevity: By controlling the accumulation of sediment and corrosion, it extends the life of system parts and avoids replacement costs.
“With VacuStream, you can be rest assured that very little maintenance will be required. It’s so compact, and because it’s a “plug and play” device, it’s easy to use!”
Dennis Krikken, Product Manager
#5 Compatible with all types of small buildings and projects
- the size of the VacuStream means it fits in a manifold cabinet and requires minimal modification for installation
- it can also be retrofitted, making it ideal for renovation projects
- works with underfloor heating and heat pump installations
- no preferred flow directions
- plug & play installation
For what type of buildings?
The VacuStream is mainly suitable for the domestic and residential market (private homes). It can also be used with systems in small commercial premises such as offices and even schools. However, larger buildings such as factories or hospitals require a bigger solution designed for their size.
The VacuStream is a low-temperature degasser developed to optimise smaller low-temperature heating systems. It helps to keep these systems running efficiently by preventing:
- premature maintenance
- energy wastage
It’s an affordable solution that delivers even better performance when combined with other products.